Hours of Operation Mon to Fri - 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Contact Us T+16474549364
Email Us subuhi@ssimmigration.ca


Canada has many opportunities that you can utilize on a temporarily basis. You might want to enter Canada for a limited time period for a specific purpose. In order to do so, you would have to apply for the right kind of visa with the right kind of supporting documentation and evidence. This varies from application to application and must be done accurately. It is prudent that your application meets all the requirements. If it does not, you risk getting your application denied at a Canadian Embassy or Canadian Port of Entry.

If you want to study, visit or work in Canada and get the appropriate visa, you will have Temporary Residence Status in Canada.

  • If you wish to work in Canada, you need to apply for a Work Permit;
  • If you wish to study in Canada, you will need to apply for a Study Permit;
  • If you want to visit Canada, you may need a Visitor Visa or Temporary Resident Visa*.

* Depending on the country of your citizenship, you may not need a visitor visa to visit Canada.

Along with getting the correct  permit for your specific needs, you will require either a visa or an electronic travel authorization (ETA) to enter Canada.


If you temporarily work in Canada, you are a temporary foreign worker (TFW). A TFW is an individual who is legally issues a work permit to work in Canada. A work permit is a written authorization that allows TFW to legally work in Canada for a specific period of time.

As a TFW, you will be provided with the same rights as a temporary resident in Canada, such as a temporary SIN number and a temporary Health Card. Please note that your temporary SIN and Health card will expire upon the expiry of your work permit.


If you want to go to high school, college or university in Canada, you will have to apply for a study permit. Upon receiving a study permit, you will be a Foreign student who has authorization to study in Canada for a prescribed period of time  Thus, you will have the same rights and obligations as a temporary resident.

It is important to ensure that your post-secondary education institute falls under the list of Designated Learning Institute (DLI).


As a visitor, you are a temporary resident of Canada. You must prove that your intention is to stay temporarily in Canada. You need financial evidence to reflect that you or the person inviting you to Canada will be able to financial sustain your stay. We are very experienced in compiling visitor visas for our clients, which encompasses all the necessary documentation and requirements. We also keep our client’s unique situation in mind when putting together their application.


If you are an individual who does meet the requirements of the temporary resident  as described in the  Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you will be denied admission to Canada at the port of entry or if your application if being processed in Canada. However, if you have a compelling reason to enter Canada, such as a work assignment or family emergency, we will compile a temporary resident permit application for you indicating your need to enter Canada for a specific period of time.


If you are a parent or grandparent of a permanent resident of Canada or a Canadian Citizen, you can visit your children or grandchildren in Canada.

Just like a visitor visa, you will have to prove that you are an individual who wants to temporary visit Canada and will leave at the end of your stay. In additional, you would need to prove the following:

  • You have purchased Canadian medical insurance for a period of one year;
  • Have completed a medical examination; and
  • Your host in Canada meets the minimum income requirement.

Please contact Subuhi Siddiqui Immigration Law Firm for your immigration, citizenship or status matter. To set up a consultation, give us a call at (647) 454-9364 or e-mail us at subuhi@ssimmigration.ca.